The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore brings together leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic conditions affecting the hips, knees, back, feet, ankles, and upper extremeties (shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand). Our orthopedic specialists, led by Dr. Marc Hungerford, Chief of Orthopedics at Mercy, include some of the nation's best innovators and pioneers in developing treatments that
When patients need the best-of-the-best in orthopedic care they often look to Mercy Medical Center (Baltimore) for the top rated expertise offered by our orthopedic specialists.
Mercy has been named a Best National Hospital in Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report, as well as one of "100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs" by Becker's Hospital Review. Mercy is proud patients from across the Mid-Atlantic region and throughout the nation have sought the renowned care of our doctors, surgeons and orthopedic Centers of Excellence: The Physician Assistant will work primarily in the orthopedic OR, first-assisting a range of orthopedic surgeries including joint replacements, upper extremity surgeries, and sports-related procedures. This PA will also see patients in clinic, and provide consultative services in the Emergency department and within the hospital.
* Must possess a Physician Assistant degree from an accredited school.
* Must possess a State of Maryland Physician Assistant License, in good standing.
* CPR Certififcation Required.
* Two years of experience as a practicing PA preferred.
* Must possess skills in the use of various computers and software programs.
* Must be computer literate.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians, customers, and the general public.
* Must be flexible, have personal integrity, and the ability to function effectively as a team with other employees.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled