Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Ayer Neuroscience Institute
More than fifty million Americans will experience a disorder of the brain or nervous system this year. Common disorders include stroke, brain tumors, memory disorders, sleep disorders, movement disorders, chronic headaches, spinal cord injuries, severe back and neck pain, seizures, and Parkinson’s disease. The Neuroscience Center offers a unique integration between neurology, neuroscience and neurosurgery, to give patients a comprehensive approach to treating and/or managing their symptoms and living a healthier, more balanced life. We offer an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to care, coupled with state-of-the-art technology and techniques that enable you to provide every patient the best possible outcome.
Physician Assistant Role Scope
Neurosurgery Physician Assistants assist in helping to build a busy neurosurgery specialty office to provide excellence in patient care in conjunction with the Surgeon’s operating room based services. This is an opportunity to work autonomously, but collaboratively with a leading Neurosurgeon and team of Advanced Practitioners, while still enjoying the hours and patient contact of an office practice. Responsibilities include:
• Seeing new patients, follow up patients, and post-operative patients at St. Vincent’s Medical Center
• Provide inpatient support by rounding on surgical patients at St. Vincent’s Medical Center post-surgery and assisting our surgeons in the OR
• Communicating with patients and families
• Working with conjunction of triage nurse to triage incoming clinical calls and post-operative calls as well as incoming referrals.
Neurosurgery Physician Assistant’s Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
• Extremely competitive salary
• Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
• Generous Paid-Time Off
• Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
• Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
Physician Assistant Requirements
• Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Master’s program preferred
• Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
• Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant
• Neurosurgery experience highly preferred
• Surgical or neurology experience preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.