Licensed by the state to provide routine diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency care for patients; may maintain a patient case load and have specialized training in a clinical area. Clinical problems treated shall include, but not be limited to health maintenance, common acute illnesses, management of stable chronic disease, minor surgical procedures, office procedures and orthopedics consistent with the community standard for primary care providers.
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Performs complete physical exams and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Manage stable chronic disease in the scope of PA-C expertise, and refer patients with illness beyond the scope of expertise to the appropriate specialty or sub-specialty.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Administers medications and injections within scope of PA-C expertise.
- Interviews and advises patients and family regarding treatment, health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts test and examination results.
- Current State PA license with prescriptive authority.
- CPR certification.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values.
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers