Physician Assistant (PA) or RNFA - Reconstructive Plastic Surgery - Full-Time, Night - Seton Medical Center UT - Dell Children's Medical Center - Austin, TX
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a community where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and clinician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
As a Physician Assistant or RNFA in Reconstructive Plastic Surgery with Seton Family of Hospitals-TX, you will have the opportunity to:
Provide direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician. The role will be split between an adult level 1 trauma center and pediatric hospital covering the reconstructive plastic services for new ER consults, inpatient issues and outpatient phone calls. In this role, you will work 3 nights a week, 5pm-7am. Nights will vary, but will be Tuesday-Sunday. You will need to have familiarity with minor procedures such as abscess I&D, nail bed repairs, revision finger amputations, you should also feel comfortable in the OR as you will need to scrub cases at night as needed. You will need to have familiarity with reconstructive plastic surgery and hand and upper extremity surgery would be strongly preferred.
- Obtain patient history and perform assessment. Order, perform and interpret diagnostic procedures.
- Provide and document direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provide counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Perform preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Texas Medical Board .
- Certified Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program Master's degree preferred
*Not accepting new grads for this position. If you are a new grad, and apply, your application will be rejected*
- 2 + years of PA experience strongly preferred.
- Some ER/Urgent Care experience, OR plastic surgery experience strongly needed.
- OR 2+ years of surgical first assistant strongly needed
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery/ hand and upper extremity surgery strongly preferred
- Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
- It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.