|The twelve (12) month Physician Assistant Program faculty member is responsible for teaching both didactic and clinical instruction in the nursing program. Teaching responsibilities are in traditional face-to-face format. |
| Minimum Requirements:||Current certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and licensure as a Physician Assistant (PA) in the State of Maryland; Master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program. Physician Assistants with current certification and a Master's degree in a healthcare related field or education will be considered. Teaching experience at a higher education level preferred and recent clinical experience required. |
| Class Specific Essential Duties:|| |
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all-inclusive duties. There will be other duties as assigned.
- Provide didactic and clinical instruction in both the didactic and clinical years of the PA Program.
- Coordinate with both principal and adjunct faculty as well as preceptors as needed for the PA Program.
- Participate in grand rounds, SOAP Notes and simulation experiences.
- Participate in PA Program, School of Health Professions (SHP) and CCBC committees as assigned.
| Position Specific Essential Duties:|| |
- Assure assigned lectures are current and contain active teaching techniques.
- Serves as advisor to PA Program students as assigned.
- Participates in the review of courses and curriculum.
- Perfects teaching skills by using supervisor, peer and student feedback.
- Participates in School of Health Professions (SHP) activities such as School Orientation and Interdisciplinary activities.