|Title||Physician Assistant Surgical|
|Days/Hours of Week||Rotating Shifts|
|Description||Griffin Hospital is seeking a per-diem or part-time physician assistant to support surgical services.|
• Cover the inpatient surgical service including general surgical patients as well as patients on the orthopedic, neurosurgery, bariatric, plastic surgery, urology, thoracic & colorectal services.
• Monitor and manage patients admitted to surgical services 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a rotating basis working 12 or 24 hour shifts.
• Provide first assist in the operating room for an exciting variety of surgical procedures.
• Independently perform procedures including chest tube and central line placements as well as wound-vac applications at the direction of the supervising physician.
• Provide surgical consults as needed in the emergency room.
• Applicants must have current NCCPA certification, active CT license, CT Controlled Substance and DEA registration.
• Surgical experience or completion of a surgical training program is strongly preferred.