Activity / Project Role: IT Project Manager
Scope of Work: A more detailed scope of work may be further defined with the Contractor but the preliminary scope is as follows:
· Plans and oversees Valley Health Plan IT projects to completion: documents identified scope and objectives; deliverables and established schedules and timelines; documents number of project resources and skill level of necessary resources; assigns work to the project team; monitors budget constraints and internal customer satisfaction levels with project status;
· Provides technical advice and recommendations regarding the creation or modifications of policies, procedures, enhancements, and acquisition of information systems, software, and services to internal customers; advises on project feasibility and recommends solutions to business owners if projects have material deviations from the project plan;
· Plans, designs, builds, tests, implements, maintains, and enhances complex business systems;
· Meets with internal customers to document and establish production goals, priorities, and major work schedules for information technology projects;
· Develop project plans and document status of projects: including timelines, schedules, process work diagrams, data flows and resources;
· Meets with internal customers, and technical staff to identify problems and potential solutions in order to facilitate the resolution of problems, revises project plans to document changes; and
· Meets commitments within established timeframes and budget.
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, business or a closely-related field and three (3) years’ experience in the following areas: information systems analysis, data analysis and mapping, and/or database knowledge.
· Demonstrated expertise leading complex, enterprise-wide IT project implementations utilizing appropriate project management tools (e.g., project plans, gantt charts, process maps, etc.).
· Principles and practices of program development, implementation, management and evaluation;
· Knowledge of information systems and database structure;
· Experience working in a Healthcare Information Technology related role within a Managed Care setting preferred;
· Experience implementing physician credentialing systems is a plus
· Principles and practices of personnel management, training and supervision;
· Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion including work as a team but also work independently with minimum supervision;
· Advance knowledge of personal computers and common office applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Project, and Visio.