SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group, is actively recruiting a BC/BE Dermatologist to join our department. We offer a full range of medical and dermatological diagnostic and therapeutic services including phototherapy, PDT, patch testing, and Mohs surgery. Join an experienced and collegial team of 10 physicians and 6 advanced practitioners. This 4 day per week position is based in beautiful Madison, Wisconsin 3 days per week, and provides outreach services 1 day per week. Call is 1:7, and taken for a week at a time.
- Competitive salary and excellent full benefits package
- Generous signing and retention bonus
- Epic EMR
- 32 patient contact hours with flexible scheduling over a 4-5 day work week
- Enjoyable work-life balance
- Become part of the very collegial Dermatology community in Wisconsin
- Practice the full spectrum of dermatological care with the opportunity to develop an area of focus or expertise if interested
- 2-3 medical assistants per physician, a shared clinic RN, and full administrative support
- Nights/weekends nursing services to manage after hours calls
- Fellowship-trained dermatopathologists
- Opportunity to participate in clinical research through the Dean Foundation
Dermatology at SSM Health
At SSM Health's Dean Medical Group, our dermatologists work in a large multi-specialty group practice. There are 3-4 physicians and 2-3 advanced practitioners at each Madison location. Our physicians practice the full spectrum of medical and surgical dermatology. We enjoy the benefit of on-site accessibility to various overlapping medical and surgical specialties (e.g. rheumatology, oncology, wound care, infectious disease, ENT) leading to seamless coordination of care. We have the opportunity to participate in and present patients at the University of Wisconsin's grand rounds, and our physicians are members of the Wisconsin Dermatological Society.
St. Mary's Hospital has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912. The hospital is a tertiary care facility with 440 beds, staffed by SSM/Dean physicians. The relationship between the hospital and Dean Clinic spans decades, leading to excellent and uninterrupted care during and after hospitalization. In addition to inpatient care, St. Mary's provides a variety of outpatient diagnostic and treatment services, such as advanced imaging and an infusion center.
Madison, population 200,000, consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play and raise a family. Home to the state capitol and University of Wisconsin, Madison offers residents a stimulating civic, cultural, and educational environment. Boasting an outstanding public school system, Madison has 30 elementary, 12 middle and 5 high schools. More than 180 public, governmental and special libraries are available for additional learning. Residents also enjoy an endless array of music, dance, theater, comedy, recreational opportunities, and visual and literary arts, including five museums exhibiting art, history, and science collections. Dane County International Airport provides easy access to Detroit, Chicago, and Minneapolis in minutes, making travel easy and convenient.
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information contact:
Physician & Provider Recruiter
SSM Health Dean Medical Group
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.