Various (days, evenings, nights)
8-8 Mon, Tues, 8-5 Wed
The Physician in his/her designated specialty is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, counseling, and continued comprehensive health care of UHC patients, as appropriate. By the very nature of the profession, the level of assignment will call for a maximum degree of knowledge, professional judgment and ingenuity.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Obtains clinical histories.
· Conducts physical examinations and evaluations as appropriate.
· Determines tests needed, and orders and interprets clinical and laboratory results.
· Makes diagnoses and prescribes therapeutic measures to include:
- Nursing Needs;
- Nutritional Needs, etc.
· Encourages personal health maintenance with preventive aspects of medicine through health counseling.
- Performs emergency treatment.
· Performs disability evaluations and rating of claims for compensation pension, etc.
· Refers patients to hospitals for admission and follow-up when needed and accepts referrals from other Specialists/Providers of UHC medical team.
· Conducts peer review and quality improvement activities on a regular basis.
· Supervise midlevels and review and sign physician assistant charts as needed.
· Handles telephone calls on a rotating basis, unless on call with a hospital service.
· Attends meetings as assigned.
· Performs other medically related services as required.
· Graduate of an accredited school of medicine.
· Must have a current DC License, DEA, and CDS license.
· Must be willing to accept "on call" duties on a regular rotation.
· Board eligible or board certified in the specialty service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
Required Education/Required Training: Graduate of an accredited school of Medicine. Licensed or eligibility as an MD in DC, a DC Controlled Substance Number, and a Federal DEA Number, Dispensing certificate, CPR certification and other applicable statuses which addresses the provision of medical and medically related services in DC. All Licenses held must be current and retained in good standing.
Required Experience: Minimum 2 years experience (post Board eligibility requirements) in a position where clinical experience was gained, one of which training and/or experience in a related administrative position was done in a similar health service organization. Must have a minimum of at least 2 hospital privileges in the District of Columbia.
Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred.
*For correctional position-correctional experience- preferred but not required.