The PeaceHealth Gerontology Institute is seeking a full time Board Eligible/Certified Geriatrician or Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician with a passion for and interest in Geriatric Medicine, Certificate of added qualification in Geriatric Medicine preferred, to join our skilled, collaborative, and compassionate team of Geriatric specialists as a Provider in our Senior Health and Wellness Center program.
For more than a decade, PeaceHealth Oregon West Network has been developing innovative and comprehensive Senior health programs to meet the challenge of a growing population of older adults in the community, especially the frail and vulnerable. We are dedicated to exceptional medicine and compassionate care. The Gerontology Institute is committed to expanding Geriatric knowledge, applying proven Geriatric best practices, spreading Geriatric expertise throughout the community, and improving access to care.
We offer the unique opportunity to practice Geriatric Medicine with minimal clinic call, opportunity for an adult practice, a highly competitive pay system, full malpractice coverage, relocation assistance, industry leading educational loan reimbursement for qualified candidates, great benefits and much, much more. PeaceHealth realizes the importance of a strong primary care base and how important our Geriatric Medicine providers are for our communities.
Our programs include:
- The Senior Health & Wellness Center (SHWC), an outpatient Geriatrics clinic which provides comprehensive primary and consultative care for adults age 65 and older, now in its twelfth year of operation. Offering care management, counseling, diabetes education, foot care, Geriatric specialty consultations, memory and cognitive evaluations, an osteoporosis clinic, audiology, and medication education/management for chronic diseases, the culture of SHWC is patient and family centered with an all-in-one approach. The clinic emphasizes an interdisciplinary, interdependent team approach and partnerships between patients and care providers.
- Community Geriatrics provides Medical Directorships and care in community post-acute and long term care facilities to improve the quality of care for a very frail and vulnerable patient population. This service has been shown to improve transitions of care from hospital to nursing home, to significantly reduce the frequency of hospital readmissions, and to improve the quality of care in the long term care setting.
- Guidance and consultation for the Acute Care for Elders (ACE) Program at Sacred Heart Medical Center, University District.
Heres why you should experience Eugene, Oregon:
- Eugene is a city located at the south end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers, about 50 miles east of the Oregon Coast. The citys official slogan is A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors. Love an affluent community surrounded by scenic beauty? The Emerald City is the place for you.
- Eugene is a place for the outdoor enthusiast. With everything from hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running and water sports, there is no shortage of things to do outside. Check out Spencers Butte which provides some spectacular views of the city!
- The Hult Center for the Performing Arts features all kinds of entertainment including jazz, opera, ballet, the Eugene symphony and choir. In addition, the center also features a permanent art collection