The Hospitalist team at the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, is seeking a BC/BE Internal Medicine physician to join their growing practice. Opportunity to provide inpatient care to patients at the state of the art University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview on both Riverside campus and the University campus.
- Hospitalist role includes admitting, discharging and rounding on patients independently and also co-managing patients with surgical sub specialties.
- Hospitalists also see patients at Transitional Care Unit and Acute Rehab Unit, which are attached to the hospital.
- Hospitalists practice independently and also collaborate with Advanced Practice Providers on the service as needed.
- Block schedule of 7 on and 7 off
- Currently the Hospitalists run the RRT codes.
- No procedures are required, PICC team and Interventional Radiology teams available.
- Dedicated Social Workers and Care Coordinators who help facilitate patient flow.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC), with off-site application available .
- Provide excellent clinical outcomes and ability to provide consult services to surgical specialty patients.
- H1 B visa will be considered
- 2-year market competitive salary guarantee with ability to exceed
- Sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine residency training program.
- Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
University of Minnesota Medical Center is the teaching hospital of the University of Minnesota Medical School and a 1,932-licensed bed facility. Located on two campuses, one on the east bank and the other on the west bank of the Mississippi River near downtown Minneapolis. The medical center offers a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services from heart transplant surgery to cancer treatment and more. As one of the most respected academic medical centers in the nation, University of Minnesota Medical Center balances responsiveness to patients' needs with access to innovative treatments and technology, delivering superior health outcomes.
With 22 lakes in the city limits alone, Minneapolis combines a lush green environment with cosmopolitan sophistication. Music, theater and world-class art, history and culture museums thrive here alongside abundant sports and recreation opportunities. Sidewalk dining, abundant shopping, educational excellence and economic vitality combine to make Minneapolis an attractive city in which to live and work.