The House Physician provides immediate medical care for urgent and emergent situations in the absence of the attending physician. As a part of the role, the house physician responds to all "house" pages, first response and the primary lead of Codes, addresses patient issues as they arise willingly and works in effective and collaborative ways with physicians, nursing and other staff on the units.
Choose from the following locations:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center (East or West Bank)
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Mon.-Fri., 6 p.m.-7 a.m.
- Sat & Sun., 7 a.m.-7 a.m.
*Hours and rates of pay can vary by location
- Must have completed a minimum of one year of post-graduate Internal Medicine/Pediatrics residency training,
- Licensed or ability to obtain licensure through the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges (if required).