The Physician II position at Eastmont Wellness Center is a great opportunity to serve patients of the greater-Oakland metropolitan area. We are looking for a Board-Certified Physician (MD/DO) in either Adult Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Family Medicine. We will consider newly graduated Residents as well as experienced Physicians. Bilingual (Spanish, Tigrinya, Hindi, etc.) is preferred but not required. We provide robust benefits, PTO, and a competitive salary range.
SUMMARY: Under direction, provides professional medical services to patients at the Alameda Health System hospitals and clinics. Assists in the administrative and professional direction of a medical specialty service. Provides consultative services in their specialty. Assigned as an administrative and professional assistant to the chief of a specialty service and when specifically assigned, may relieve the chief of service in their absence. May directly supervise Physician I level. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Cares for patients in a compassionate, culturally competent, and patient centered manner.
- Participates in the supervision of Mid-level Practitioners/Certified Nurse Midwives in assigned clinical area.
- Practices evidence based medicine and is up to date with current standards of care.
- Provides cost effective care; manages time and patient flow well when providing direct care to patients and following up on patient related work.
- Stays current with patient care responsibilities. (e.g. lab results, medication refills, and radiology reports, relevant to his/her patients).
- Takes initiative to work well with the clinical team (including Medical Assistants, Clerks, Health Educators, Panel Managers, Nurses and Pharmacy staff, Leaders, etc.) to improve quality of care and service delivery.
- Teaches patients, families and staff; provides counseling services related to promoting good health practices.
Minimum Experience: Completion of an approved residency in an appropriate specialty.
Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Possession of a current valid license to practice medicine in the state of California, AND, Board Certification in area of specialty. Completion of an approved residency in an appropriate specialty.