Our Physician is one who provides a full range of medical services for patients. Provides required documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assists in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
Education for Physician:
- Medical school graduate
Experience for Physician:
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Public Health preferred (Board Certification)
Licenses/Certifications for Physician:
- Current licensure as a Physician within the state
- Current CPR Certification
- Current DEA number
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients.
- Conducts on-site sick call and chronic care clinics, as established by Medical Director.
- Review and countersigns therapeutic orders and corresponding progress notes of patients seen by the P.A./ARNP, if applicable, ensuring they are appropriate and effective.
- Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters in the patient's progress notes, as applicable.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible.
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within one business day, if possible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedures.
- Makes pertinent observations and draws logical conclusions, which validate need for non-formulary drug, which is recorded on non-formulary form and submitted to the Medical Director for approval.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral, if possible.
- Performed all the required functions as outlined in the Job Description