Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability- TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact- TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment- The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards- TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
At TOA, our Physician Liaison serves as the voice – and ears of the practice. They are responsible for ensuring that our practice constituencies are aware of all the excellent orthopaedic services TOA provides, and drives utilization through their efforts. Additionally, they work to discern our patient experience, ensuring that TOA is providing an optimal experience that leads to repeat utilization and new patient growth.
- Developing or enhancing referral relationships with current and potential referral sources including: physicians, referral staff, emergency rooms, current patients, hospital liaison and marketing staff, and current patients.
- Develop, implement, and analyze methodologies to obtain feedback from current patients and referral sources to improve the patient satisfaction and drive patient retention and new patient referrals
- Function as the voice of TOA physicians and ancillary service lines with current and potential referral sources – predominately physicians and their referral decision makers. Methodologies in this include listening to constructive or critical feedback; assessing educational opportunities regarding TOA services and quality.
- Developing and implementing marketing campaigns and initiatives to achieve practice objectives, including marketing collateral, presentations, social media, and other learning aides to provide referral sources with the information needed to drive improved patient utilization.
- Manage the implementation of special events, to include seminars, meetings, and presentations, some of which will be held in morning or evening events.
- A college degree in marketing, business, or healthcare administration is preferred
- Demonstrated success in business development or sales, with a strong preference for healthcare and orthopaedic practice preferred.
- Prior experience working with physicians is required, including the ability to shadow TOA physicians and gain a fluency in orthopaedics, TOA services, and the TOA scheduling process.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to effectively work with TOA physicians, referring physicians, and other referral sources – with the demonstrated capacity to adjust the communication message or vehicle to increase effectiveness with the target audience.
- Success in being able to take patient and referral source feedback, analyze the information and data, and translate that information into a strategic approach to promote TOA and increase patient utilization
- Tenacious and high energy, with a desire to focus on the goal and working diligently to achieve the results
- Detail orientation, with successful analysis of patient feedback, trends, and data, with an emphasis of meticulously logging activity and correlating activity to results
- Prioritization and project management, with the demonstrated capacity to balance competing priorities, multiple projects and initiatives, and the effective time and resource management required for them.
- Must be willing to spend a significant amount of time in travel from location to location within the identify territory, promoting TOA and its services.