It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Care Partners’ works directly with primary care organizations across the country to improve patient outcomes and reduce avoidable health care costs. We are a lean, nimble and fast-paced team looking for innovators and disruptors with a passion for improving health care. Our team is made up of reliable, hard-working employees—each with a commitment to shaping our culture and strategy. This role presents a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an internal start-up and leave your mark on health care.
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Under the organization of the COO and with direction from the Director of Practice Performance Improvement, the Value Based Care Advisor is responsible for driving value-based care initiatives in regional practices, developing network capabilities around population health, implementing TME/cost savings strategies and driving overall provider engagement and performance. Working closely with the Quality and Analytics and operations teams, the Value Based Care Advisor will integrate Evolent clinical programs and resources into the practice workflows with the intent to optimize the practice improvement opportunities, positively impact physician engagement and quality of care provided. The Value Based Care Advisor will also assist with regional operational duties as needed, with direction from the central operations team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Value Based Care Advisor will travel throughout designated territory to build relationships with physician practices to support physician engagement, clinical practice transformation and ensure Triple Aim achievement by conducting the key functions below:
- Playing a critical role in performance management by guiding actionable initiatives from data; measuring progress and outcomes and helping implement interventions where applicable
- Integrating care management, utilization management, risk adjustment, annual wellness visit and quality initiatives into practice and ensuring goals are met by assigned practices
- Leading the transition of innovative ideas from pilot to implementation and sharing best practices across all practices and pods
- In collaboration with the performance improvement and operations teams, as well as the Medical Director and network physician champions, helping develop strategy and content for pod meetings
- Collaborating with ACO team members and local medical directors/physician champions to ensure progress towards ACO, local network, pod, practice, and provider improvement goals
- Providing total medical expense and cost savings initiative support
- Building strong relationships by working with go-to physician leaders and leveraging practice relationships to engage, implement, and sustain ACO priorities
- Serving as primary liaison to practice managers and staff for assigned practices
- In collaboration with the Director, developing engagement strategy for practice managers and clinical liaisons in assigned territory
- Helping develop content, strategy and facilitating practice manager forums/meetings related to value-based care initiatives
- Providing training and education to practices as needed
- Serving as local operations liaison to central operations team as needed, assisting with local communications efforts, meeting, and event coordination, etc.
- Building relationships with and serve as liaison to community resources and/or ancillary providers, skilled nursing facilities, etc. as needed
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience in practice management, provider relations and project management
- Must have a valid Driver's License and ability to travel locally/regionally up to 75% of the work week
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility and trust
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual with ability to adapt to various workspaces and work autonomously
- Collaborative working style with the ability to work across different teams, areas of expertise, and adapt to ambiguous environments and clientele
- Hypothesis driven to identify trends, predict issues, highlight critical areas, and develop corrective action plans
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- 3 years+ experience in practice re-design work including Patient Centered Medical Home, Practice Transformation, Quality Improvement, ACO development, Ambulatory Care, Quality and Efficiency metrics, and EMR
- IPA and/or ACO experience with a provider perspective and strong orientation to value-based care principles and the health policy landscape
- Working knowledge of clinical quality metrics such as RAF, HEDIS, NCQA or National Quality Forum type metrics
- Experience in data analytics comprehension
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.