The Physician Marketing Manager for the Tenet Strategic Marketing Group (TSMG) will play an important role in Tenet’s continued transformation into a consumer-focused organization. This position will investigate, determine and effectively communicate “the story” of how our employed healthcare providers make a positive impact on the people they serve through their primary care and specialized service line offerings.
Reporting to the National Director of Physician Marketing, with strong day-to-day interactions with the local TPR leadership team, the Manager will work with the National Physician Marketing Director, TPR Senior Regional Director, and hospital marketing/strategy teams to implement marketing and communications activities that support service line growth and brand engagement within a TPR market. This position will build trusting and collaborative relationships with internal and external teams and astutely represent the TPR Brand in establishing and maintaining effective community engagement within the framework and vision of the Tenet Strategic Marketing Group, a component of the Tenet Operating System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Seeks information and operates at a level of constant inquiry about business priorities and key initiatives that can further differentiate the providers within the market. Acts as a “reporter” working to identify and translate the provider service offerings and key differentiators
- Writes web copy and content for marketing pieces (e.g. brochures and emails)
- Plans, implements and manages all day-to-day marketing and communications responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, tactical implementation across multiple channels, coordination and management of events, seminars, physician outreach and videography/photography.
- Collaborates with TPR leadership and hospital stakeholders to implement marketing and communications programs that offer key differentiators based on quality, service and/or outcomes, have measurable ROI and build better provider/market brands through consistent messaging, differentiated value propositions and brand positioning within the market
- Deciphers complex information and identifies key components and proof points that support marketing responder conversions (e.g. local calls to action, sub service line offerings, unique service attributes, positive outcomes, specialized qualifications)
- Tracks and reports marketing ROI to TPR Senior Regional Director and Operations team
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of TPR physicians and practices as well as hospital-based operations, service lines and physician relations.
- Plans and prepares communications materials in alignment with TPR local leadership and group leadership using a variety of methods effectively for various settings and key stakeholders (e.g. written, oral, large group, small group, 1:1).
- Effectively engages with the community and key stakeholders for the purpose of building and enhancing the brand in the market
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Advanced degree in business or public sector equivalent, marketing/communications, or health related field is preferred
- Exceptional writer and communicator, with a concise, clear style; creative writing skill is not necessary. Proper use of grammar is key.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated progressive experience and responsibility for communications and marketing or roles requiring similar skill sets (data analysis to drive business strategy, communication to internal/external stakeholders, business development outreach); healthcare industry experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in utilizing effective storytelling, writing and editing skills across multiple platforms
- Demonstrated experience utilizing direct to consumer engagement and communications technology and tools, digital platforms, and social media
- Demonstrated experience in managing integrated communications programs and multiple, complex priorities
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.