The Physician Marketing Manager for the Tenet Strategic Marketing Group (TSMG) will play an important role in Tenet s continued transformation into a consumer-focused organization. This position will play a key role in supporting execution of physician marketing strategy, media channel planning focus on digital, and local activation efforts to support all physician medical practices. The manager will be focused on communicating results and leveraging best practices to continue to elevate our efforts across markets.
Reporting to the Director of Physician Marketing, with strong day-to-day interactions with the local TPR leadership team and business development, the Manager will work with the Hospitals Group Marketing Director and the Hospital Communications team to implement marketing and communications activities that support service line growth and brand engagement go to market activities for employed and affiliated physician practices to align with the overall market brand and business objectives.
This position will build trusting and collaborative relationships with internal and external teams and astutely represent the TPR Brand in establishing and maintaining effective community engagement within the framework and vision of the Tenet Strategic Marketing Group, a component of the Tenet Operating System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Supports execution of integrated physician marketing campaigns for employed physician practices
- Participates in all market level marketing & campaign development processes and makes recommendations on marketing tactics to support service line and physician growth.
- Works closely with employed physician leadership teams at the home office and in each local market to understand business requirements and physician needs in order to develop compelling marketing programs.
- Leads execution of programs with a digital first mentality and activates flawless execution across all digital channels(ex: websites, social, digital, search)
- Keen focus on performance and KPI across campaigns and media channels that drive patient acquisition
- Consistently and proactively communicates in market programs and results to all local and home office stakeholders.
- Works closely with hospital marketing team to create efficiencies and optimization of holistic marketing programs.
- Leverages market, consumer/physician insights, and marketing campaign results to make marketing strategy recommendations
- Provides day to day direction to home office and vendors on digital execution, tracking, and optimization of campaigns.
- Develops recommendation on amplifying digital campaigns through traditional media
- Ensures all marketing is on-brand, consistent in voice and tonality and optimized across all channels
- Surpasses expectation of physician marketing teams for onboarding physicians
- Proactively seeks to understand physician feedback regarding marketing tactics and implements feedback to strengthen our programs
- Supports director with budget tracking process
- Identifies ways to increase how we connect with our consumers throughout the patient journey across access points, including how we market our physicians at the hospital and how we market the hospital leveraging physician practices.
- Works closely with the communications field team to leverage earned media for in market plan activation
- Plans, implements and manages all day-to-day marketing responsibilities
- Effectively engages with the community and key stakeholders for the purpose of building and enhancing the brand in the market place and translating the vision and mission of the hospital
- Bachelor s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or relevant major is required
- Advanced degree in business or public sector equivalent, marketing/communications, or health related field is preferred
- At least 5 7 years of demonstrated progressive experience and responsibility for communications, brand management, and public relations with a strong understanding of the business needs and competitive challenges of the industry (relevant to health care industry preferred)
- Demonstrated success in digital marketing and understanding KPI s.
- Demonstrated experience in building local marketing plans and providing results/communications to leadership teams.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, collaborating, and stakeholder process.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- An ability to build productive cross functional relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with external partners
- Demonstrated success and understanding in executing cross-channel marketing tactics to drive patient acquisition across channels such as social and digital media, advertising and communications platforms, marketing automation/CRM, content creation, and website management
- Demonstrated experience in understanding marketing channel performance and how results are supporting business objectives. Ability to synthesize learnings/best in class practices and quickly implement learnings to strengthen in market plans
- Demonstrated experience in writing and generating compelling content across social media platforms as well as measuring results.
- A proactive servicing approach and a strong sense of urgency to respond to matters on time
- A collaborative style which engenders the respect of others and can be best described as a leader, mentor, and a coach
An active listener with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A team player who gains value in actively participating as a team member across various disciplines and organizational levels
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a large, diffuse, highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrated understanding of paid, earned and owned media integration and an ability to partner and support the communications teams.
- Flexible work expectations to adequately cover events and activities that may periodically occur outside of traditional business hours.
- Experience with live social media environments and video content capture preferred.
- Prefer a high level of knowledge about the health care industry, local market place dynamics and overall hospital strategy and operations; keen understanding of physician relationships and practice patterns; federal, state rules and regulations. Stays current on the latest trends in health care, including but not limited to physician relationship development, reimbursement, managed care and clinical program development
- Authentic- Has deep integrity and holds personal and professional values consistent with Tenet s mission, vision and values
- Self-motivated- Outcomes-focused individual who holds herself/himself to a high performance standard, but maintains a sense of proportion and humor
- Persuasive- Able to advance an idea, strategy or program through influence, communication and negotiation. Works through credibility and collaboration to achieve success in a highly complex and matrixed organization
- Collaborative- Confident with a commitment to her/his ideas and ideals, but someone who also listens with true self-awareness and empathy. A leader who possesses a common touch to relate comfortably and effectively with people at all levels
- Detail oriented - Strong attention to detail in grammar, design, development, and strategic approach
- Professional Is held in high regard for maturity level, reliability, trustworthiness and overall professionalism
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.