Vanguard Medical Group has an exciting new opportunity available for a full-time Family Medicine Physician with a strong interest in Pediatrics.
This position will share time between our Montclair and Verona offices.
Position Overview: Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases and injuries that commonly occur in the general population. May refer patients to specialists when needed for further diagnosis or treatment.
· Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
· Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
· Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
· Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
· Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
· Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
· Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
· Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
· Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
· Train residents, medical students, and other health care professionals.