Halifax Health is seeking a Physician Office Manager.
This individual will direct the overall business activities of the practice, including but not limited to budgeting, purchasing, staffing and scheduling of Team Members. The Office Manager supervises the business office with responsibility for registration, billing, collections, charge verification, and all financial operations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in Health Services Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in healthcare management.
- Knowledge of accounting, insurance, coding, clinical coordination, computer operations,and primary health care experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of insurance industry practices including managed care.
- Excellent communications, verbal and written skills are a must.
- Ability to work well with physicians, staff members and other hospital personnel.
- Adaptability to challenging situations with composure and a professional attitude.
- Budget and financial management ability.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to understand the goals of the practice and work to obtain these goals both independently and with the direction of administration
- Remain current of changes within the healthcare field that relate to the practice
- Hiring, training, supervising and evaluating staff
- Direct daily activities of the office staff
- Oversee ordering and usage of supplies
- Review/process requests for payment
- Process payroll
- Oversee billing and collections
- Respond to requests for reports and information from billing system
- Implement work policies for Team Members
- Daily interactions with Team Members and patients
- Assist with back up of front desk duties
- Assess environment and address potential situations
- Assure proper maintenance of all offices
- Assist with budget evaluation and improvement
- Respond to patient inquiries and complaints adequately and efficiently
- Assist in creation of and updating of policies and procedures
- Schedule in-services and communicate policies and procedures to staff
- Effectively train and orient new Team Members
- Serve as liaison with external and internal vendors/departments
- Mediate between office related issues and other work disputes
- Organize monthly office staff meetings/set agenda
- Serve as line of communication from the Team Members to Administration
- Create a work schedule maximizing Team Member productivity and efficiency
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.