|825 N CENTER AVE.|
Gaylord, MI 49735
PHYSICIAN OFFICE RECEPTIONIST 20
Internal application must be submitted on-line by 3/17/19 to be considered.
Supports an environment in which patients and families are encouraged to participate in care and decision making at the level they choose.
Greets and directs patients, answers the phone, takes messages, schedules appointments, registers new patients, updates demographic and insurance information, enters charges, receives cash/credit card payments, issues receipts, balances cash drawer and secures building.
- Knowledge of routine office procedures; competency in using office equipment including computers, fax machines, photocopiers and telecommunications.
- Computer skills and ability to include use of a variety of software applications efficiently.
- Exceptional customer service skills including good communication and telephone skills to greet patients and answer the telephone in a pleasant, clear, concise, professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to handle cash necessary to balance cash drawer.
- Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9 CM codes for billing purposes and knowledge of insurance filing requirements.
- Ability to anticipate and react calmly to emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
The above level of knowledge, skills and abilities are normally acquired through the successful completion of a high school education or equivalent with minimum of 3-6 months previous related experience or 3-6 months on-the-job training. Medical terminology with coding experience is preferred.
Dept Name Cost Center
|Provider Team Coverage 8505|
# of Hours Per Pay Period, Shift, Sched Hours
Requested FTEs for this position