Job Number: 200086
Department: VM Federal Way - Adult Primary Care
Hours: 40 Hours
Physician – Outpatient Adult Primary Care – Federal Way
Full time (approx. 36 clinical patient contact hours) or part time.
Virginia Mason is fulfilling our vision of transforming healthcare by expanding our collaborative primary care team. We have an opportunity for a .6 – 1.0 FTE physician at our regional medical center in desirable Federal Way, Washington. Join an innovative multidisciplinary team whose members appreciate work/life balance, their team and the patients they serve.
Our providers say they come to Virginia Mason for the reputation of high quality care and they stay for the teamwork and relentless focus on patient experience and outcomes.
Aspects of the Primary Care physician role:
- Team based approach. Each provider is part of a subset or pod of the larger primary care team. Each pod has 2-3 physicians, 1 ARNP or PA, 1 RN and 1 to 1 MA support. The ARNP or PA helps support messages and indirect care and there is built in coverage when the provider is out of the office. Pods are able to adapt and make changes quickly that fit their team needs.
- Integrative primary care model. Virginia Mason has an innovative approach, with imbedded pharmacists, social workers and psychiatry providers all part of the primary care team and partnering to provide the best care to patients. In primary care, we provide focused, coordinated care for our patients that have resulted in excellent health outcomes. Social workers are available to help address social/emotional/behavioral/environment needs and to provide and coordinate care.
- Flexible schedule options. We partner with you to develop a schedule that accommodates your individual needs as much as possible.
- Access to ancillary and specialty services: Referral options to over 30+ medical specialties within Virginia Mason with collegial and responsive results.
- Teaching opportunities: Virginia Mason is a teaching environment with regular opportunities to precept medical students and residents. It is also a conducive environment for providers new to practice.
- Learning opportunities: The team has a teaching culture and is a conducive environment for providers newly out of residency. A formal mentorship program is in place to help guide new providers to Virginia Mason and support them for long term success.
- Innovation: The Virginia Mason culture promotes new approaches, best practice standards and continual improvement for both the patient and team member safety and experience using our Virginia Mason Production System with the vision of being the quality leader in healthcare.
- Compensation: A competitive compensation model that incentives quality.
Work with a committed and caring team of physicians, allied health providers, nurses, medical assistants and clinical support team members, all of whom are committed to the Virginia Mason mission of improving the health and well-being of our patients. We are proud of our strong quality outcomes, our focus on continuous improvement, our innovative care delivery models and our ability to have fun while at work. We recognize the team member and patient experience is intertwined and prioritize the engagement of our staff, providers and patients. We are actively growing and expanding our practice to meet the needs of our patient population and are eager to have other skilled and like-minded individuals join our team!
- BE/BC in internal medicine or family medicine.
- Ability to obtain a medical professional license in the State of WA.
- Ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority needed for specific practice.
- Committed to safety, quality of care and thrive in an environment of continuous but logical and thoughtful change.
Federal Way Regional Medical Center:
Virginia Mason Federal Way offers a full range of primary care internal medicine services. Other services include rotating specialists, laboratory facilities, radiology, ambulatory surgery, anti-coagulation clinic, diabetes care management and mammography, among other services.
City of Federal Way:
The City of Federal Way is located 22 miles south of the city of Seattle along the Puget Sound Inlet and shadowed by the majestic Mount Rainer, making it an ideal suburban location in which to live and work. A wide variety of excellent living opportunities exist including condominiums, suburban neighborhoods, and homes with golf course, waterfront and water views. A large variety of recreational and cultural activities abound. In addition, Federal Way is a reasonable commute into the cities of Seattle and Tacoma for other recreational, shopping and cultural options.
Virginia Mason, established in 1920 in Seattle, WA, is internationally recognized as a preeminent health care organization focused on delivering quality services to our patients. Virginia Mason is known for innovations in patient care, with many accolades in the recent years including Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group &Top 100 Hospitals. We have a 336-bed hospital in Seattle and multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 450 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best practices and a model that is the benchmark for other medical organizations. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters—your patients.
Each Person. Every Moment. Better Never Stops.”
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.