PeaceHealth is a well-established, financially stable, multi-specialty provider group looking for a pediatrician interested in a primarily outpatient practice opportunity. Our pediatricians provide comprehensive care for children of all ages while serving as designated primary care providers.
This practice opportunity is unique in that our pediatricians choose whether to focus entirely on the outpatient setting or to practice both outpatient and inpatient medicine with regularly scheduled hospital shifts. Our group is dynamic and has created a place for everyone to practice to their various strengths. We appeal to new residency graduates hoping to hone and maintain all of their hard-earned skills, and to the seasoned clinic doctor looking for a collegial environment and a nice work-life balance. We work collaboratively to provide excellent patient care at three different clinical sites throughout the Eugene area. We meet weekly for case presentations, hospital grand rounds and journal club. We meet monthly for PeaceHealth pediatric department business discussions.
In addition to weekday clinic, the after-hours obligation involves covering either the outpatient clinic or the hospital service in the evenings, weekends and holidays. Our group is large enough that the after-hours obligation does not feel burdensome, yet provides great access to care for our patients.
We utilize Epic as our electronic medical record. Applicants should be Pediatric Board-Certified or Board-Eligible. Spanish-language skill is useful. Our compensation package and pay system is quite competitive and includes a generous 2-year salary guarantee. We offer full malpractice coverage, relocation assistance, loan relief and other comprehensive benefits. PeaceHealth realizes that the health of our community depends on a strong primary care base, and works hard to ensure that our providers feel valued and want to remain with us long-term.
At PeaceHealth we strive to fulfill the mission of promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. To learn more about the mission visit https://www.peacehealth.org/mission-vision-and-values. As stated there: At PeaceHealth, the fulfillment of our Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Eugene is the second largest city in Oregon, located 110 miles south of Portland. Also called the 'Emerald City', Eugene is located at the south end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette Rivers. The citys official slogan, A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors, reflects the breadth of diverse events in arts and the many outdoor activity options available.
Highlights of Eugene, Oregon:
- Eugene offers a multitude of options for hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running, skiing, rafting.
- The Hult Center for the Performing Arts features jazz, opera, ballet, and performances by the Eugene Symphony and Choir.
- Eugene offers many other venues for live music, concerts and theater, and there are a variety of annual festivals.
- The 5th Street Market offers upscale shopping and dining in the heart of the city.
- The University of Oregon offers multiple educational events and great collegiate athletics.
- There are networks of running/hiking trails and designated bike routes throughout the city.
- The local airport offers direct flights to destinations all over the Western part of the United States.
- Eugene is one hour away from both the Oregon coast and the Cascade mountain range.