GCAM is dedicated to and specializes in plasma industry. We are a growing company with centers in multiple states, and we have an immediate need for a Physician Substitute LVN/LPN/EMT at our new center located in Indianapolis, IN.
At GCAM, we are looking for those individuals that have a positive “get-it-done” attitude at work, and are looking for the opportunity to grow with a company that contributes to improving people’s health and quality of life. GCAM offers a competitive salary and for our full-time employbenefitsenefit package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage.
Please note: This position is for those individuals that have an EMT Basic and above license or an LVN or LPN license in the State of Washington.
Under the supervision of the Medical Director and Center Manager ensure donor suitability, product integrity and the continued good health of donors through the compliance of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Manual guidelines.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure donor suitability of plasmapheresis donors, through the use of the SOP, current FDA and State guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, and all internal company procedures.
- Perform History and Physical Exams on all Applicant Donors; Performs physical examination on employees as required
- Able to Explain process of Plasmapheresis; Obtain signed consent for Plasmapheresis; Explain all risk involved in Plasmapheresis
- Evaluates donor reactions, and initiates appropriate therapy
- Initiates emergency medical procedures as needed, per standing orders of the physician; Notify physician of all emergencies
- Serve as a liaison between the center and medical facilities and physician
- Review the donor’s accumulated lab data and collection records as required to determine the donor’s continued suitability
- Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to ineligible donor candidates; Counsel donors with positive test results and confirmed positive test results; Maintain both donor and personnel confidentiality
- Review normal SPE results
- Reviews and checks donors with weight loss as needed
- Performs periodic checks of donor floor to observe donors being plasmapheresed
- Function as a member of Quality Assurance team which monitors employee performance of screening and collection procedures
- Participate in employee safety, education and training programs
- Provide first aid for employee injuries
- Monitor emergency medical supplies on a monthly basis
- Assist in reception area, donor, floor and plasma processing as needed or directed by the center manager
- Assist with management and administration of employee counseling, testing and follow-up of employee exposures to plasma or blood
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
- Educated and currently certified/licensed in the state of employment and according to the state requirements as an EMT Basic (or higher), Licensed Practical Nurse, or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current CPR required.
- Plasma or Whole Blood experience preferred.
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
- While performing this job, it is regularly required to use hands to finger, to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance; and to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time (2-3 hour intervals).
- Ability to read and type while sitting in front of a computer.
- Physically able to use and operate equipment used in accessing donor suitability as well as equipment used to harvest plasma.
- Manual dexterity to perform all phases of plasmapheresis.
- Ability to lift, tug, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens
GCAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Local Candidates Only - No Recruiters please