Registered Nurse (RN)
Under the supervision of the Medical Director and Center Manager, ensure plasma donor suitability, product integrity and the continued good health of donors through compliance of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Manual guidelines.
Please note: This full-time position is for those individuals who are currently licensed, as a RN, in the State of California.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure suitability of plasma donors, using the SOP, current FDA and State guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, and all internal company procedures.
- Perform history and physical exams on all applicant donors; perform physical examination on employees as required
- Able to explain the process, and risk involved, of plasmapheresis and obtain a signed consent.
- Evaluates donor reactions to plasmapheresis, and initiates appropriate therapy
- Initiates emergency medical procedures as needed.
- Serve as a liaison between the center, medical facilities and physician
- Review the donor’s accumulated lab data and collection records as required to determine the donor’s continued suitability
- Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to ineligible donor candidates; counsel donors with positive, and confirmed positive, test results.
- Maintain donor and personnelconfidentiality.
- Review normal SPE results
- Function as a member of Quality Assurance team to monitor employee performance ofscreening and collection procedures
- Participate in employee safety, education and training programs
- Provide first aid for employee injuries
- Monitor emergency medical supplies.
- Assist in reception area, donor floor and plasma processing as needed, or directed, by the centermanager.
- Assist with employee counseling, testing and follow-up ofemployee exposures to plasma or blood.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
- Currently certified/licensed in the state of employment and according to the state requirements as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a must.
- While performing this job, it is regularly required to reach and use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, objects, tools, or controls.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance; and to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time (2-3 hour intervals).
- Ability to read and type while sitting in front of a computer.
- Physically able to use and operate equipment used in accessing donor suitability as well as equipment used to harvest plasma.
- Manual dexterity to perform all phases of plasmapheresis.
- Ability to lift, tug, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens
GCAM is dedicated to, and specializes in, the plasma industry. We are a growing company with centers in multiple states, and we have an immediate need for a Full-Time Registered Nurse (RN) at our new, second facility located in Calexico, CA. We are affiliated with Green Cross South Korea which was founded in 1967 and is one of the largest employers in Korea. We also pride ourselves in being one of the leaders in the manufacturing and sales of medicine and medical supplies in Asia and are the first in Korea’s pharmaceuticals industry to export over $200 million. Our vision is to become 'A global leader in healthcare industry”, we realize this can only be accomplished by having the BEST team.
At GCAM, we are looking for those individuals who have a positive “get-it-done” attitude at work, and are looking for the opportunity to grow with a company contributing to improving people’s health and quality of life. GCAM offers a sign on bonus, competitive salary and for our full-time employees and a benefit package which includes a company matched 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life coverage.
GCAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Local Candidates Only - No Recruiters please
Sign-on Bonus offered