The Surgical House Physicians at the University and Riverside campuses are responsible for providing coverage for Cardiovascular ICU and trauma consults at the University Hospital and adult general surgery consults at the Riverside Hospital and pediatric trauma consults at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital. As a part of the role, the surgical house physician responds to pages promptly, addresses patient issues willingly and works in effective and collaborative ways with physicians, nursing and other staff on the units.
- Completion of at least two years of an accredited ACGME general surgery training program
- Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Residents and Fellows preferred