The role of the Physician Relations Liaison is critical in developing and sustaining relationships with physicians and office staff within CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center’s market. The Physician Liaison is responsible for the targeting, developing, and strengthening of relationships between physicians and HPMC. The Liaison will support the overall growth strategies of HPMC; engaging physician involvement and participation in key hospital programs as outlined in the Strategic Plan. In this position, the Liaison will call on and visit physician offices regularly with updates on hospital services and ensure that physicians are satisfied with the hospital's level of care following recent referrals. The successful Liaison provides and recommends to physicians the appropriate programs, services, and resources at CHA HPMC. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and maintain strong relationships between HPMC and the physicians throughout the region. The overall goal of the position is to increase visibility of HPMC’s services and relationships with physicians. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Physician Relations, Strategy and Business Development.
- The Liaison will support the growth initiatives of HPMC service lines to achieve projected patient volumes and revenue goals.
- Supports recruitment efforts of primary care and specialty physicians to HPMC’s service area based on community needs.
- Enhances relationships with physicians in the market through events, phone calls, office contacts, written communications and other strategic approaches. Troubleshoots complaints as necessary and answer questions about HPMC programs and services. Supports attendance of physicians to hospital and community organized events by physicians.
- Contacts, meets with and orients new physicians on the Medical Staff of HPMC.
- Perform sales calls and visits with physicians, their office staffs on a routine and consistent basis and within guidelines set by the Senior Manager, Physician Relations.
- Reports issues to the Senior Manager, Physician Relations and appropriate hospital leadership to identify root cause and problem.
- Works with service lines and marketing department to share collateral material as appropriate with the physicians and office staffs.
- Provides ad hoc, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to Leadership on sales encounter and activities tracking and provides input for the Business Development update report.
- Maintains record of visits and discussions in CRM tool to enable prompt follow-up and monitoring. Escalates matters as appropriate to ensure optimization of opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Represents CHA HPMC in community events as assigned.
- Collaborates with departments across the organization to improve physician satisfaction.
- Follows hospital and department policies, procedures, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Communicates accurately, openly, supportively, and in a timely manner.
- Consistently projects positive professional image through appearance, behavior, and adherence to dress code.
- Consistently contributes to the team effort (e.g., assists co-workers when need is observed or upon request, offers constructive suggestions, exhibits willingness to resolve problems as they arise).
- Participates in cross-training and unit/area orientation as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare or related field of study.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Five years’ experience in a physician relations, network development, and/or sales in a healthcare/hospital setting.
- Ability to interact with physicians, staff, and patients successfully.
- Ability to organize events for hospital, physicians, and the community.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various software programs: Microsoft Office, CRM, and Internet Browser.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to convey viewpoints at various levels through the Medical Center.
- Able to travel locally.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a union environment.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Current Los Angeles County Fire Card required (within 30 days of employment).
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments. All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our patients, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; utilizing all designated protective personal equipment (PPE) and/or safety equipment assigned for task; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately. Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances