We Are Hiring
Physicist - Medical - Radiation Oncology Anc 002 - FT Days - Amsterdam Memorial Campus - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Physicist with St. Mary’s Hospital – NY, you will be part of a dynamic solo practice with a forward thinking Radiation Oncologist & Team interested in cutting edge treatments.”
- Performs required calibrations on equipment. Recommends and justifies new equipment and products for the department.
- Conducts equipment performance reviews as needed and implements quality control procedures for imaging devices.
- Recommends radiation safety procedures to areas using radiation.
- Educates staff in radiation safety practices.
- Supports all physics aspects of patient treatment including consultation with radiation oncologists, calculation of radiation doses, design and fabrication of treatment aids and assurance of the accuracy of all treatment parameters.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Medical Physicist specializing in Radiation Therapy credentialed from the
- Board Certified or Passed Part 2
Education & Work Experience:
- MS or PhD preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity