DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Registered Nurse for the IV Team to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is a 444-bed acute care hospital in the heart of Houston’s museum district. Established in 1975, the hospital has been serving Houston for more than 40 years. It provides a wide range of medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and more.
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
Registered Nurse (RN) IV Team (PICC)
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, scientific judgment and leadership in the anticipation, planning, coordination and provision of care for the patient while performing clinical insertion of a Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter, Midline, Extended Dwell catheter or IV catheter as directed by direct supervisor.
- Responsible and accountable for placement and monitoring of Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter, Midline, Extended Dwell catheter or IV catheters with minimal supervision, under the order of a Medical Doctor and in accordance with the state Nurse Practice Act and hospital/department policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to carry out the nursing process when providing patient care satisfies established standards of nursing practice promotes teamwork with physicians, facility personnel and with other departments. Must have proficient IV and or PICC /Midline insertions skills for the Adult population
- ADN required; BSN enrolled
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license
- 3-5 years PICC, IV-Therapy, Vascular Access experience
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!