Distribution Reefer 210 Order Picker
Reports to: Department Manager
The Reefer 210 Order Picker is responsible for pulling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity. The Order Picker is responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders picked.
- Able to read work order tickets.
- Must have experience pulling orders for shipment.
- Must know how to carefully stack and build pallets of consumable and non – consumable goods.
- Must know how to properly shrink wrap pallets prior to loading.
- Must be able to work in a team working environment.
- Handle finished materials and move to appropriate storage areas within the warehouse.
- Ensures that product selected is accurate.
- Ensures quality product is shipped to correct stores.
- Ensures product is selected in a timely manner.
- Knowledge in using and operating RF Scanner
- Report any damage products or safety hazards you observe to your immediate supervisor immediately.
- Maintain your area clean and dispose of all trash to be able to work in a safe environment.
- Responsible for working in a safe manner as well as monitoring the safe operation of MHE.
- Must be available to work multiple shifts during peak business periods or vacation coverage, as dictated by our customer’s needs.
- Willing to attend and participate in training and development programs as required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age Ability to read, write, and count accurately
- Perform simple mathematics.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Able to safely operate a RIDE ON electric pallet jack.
- Must be certified on equipment needed to complete job task.
- Previous work experience in shipping and/or receiving “preferred”.
- Report any damage or needed repairs, any unsafe conditions or any accident or injury to a member of management.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must work well with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must be dependable and work well with others.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to work under extreme temperatures, exposed to wet and humid conditions or airborne particles and extreme cold.
- Attendance at work and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Conditions inside of warehouse varies. Exposure to extreme temperature fluctuations. The job on occasions requires working nights and weekends Requires an eye for detail and ability to organize. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to be able to tolerate walking for long periods of time, must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch for long periods of time, must be able to tolerate constant standing for long periods of time and must be able to adapt to a noisy, dusty environment. All qualified applicants must have the ability to lift 75 lbs or more as needed throughout the day and be able to wear the necessary Personal Protective Equipment when in need.