Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our, 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family.
Must live or be willing to relocate to within a one hour radius of MB Haynes Corporation's main office in Asheville, NC. Ensure that piping systems are installed per plans and specifications. Coordinates activities of workers engaged in fabrication, assembling, installing, and maintaining piping, fixtures, equipment, and systems for gas, steam, water, or oil. Position parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks. Select torch, torch tip, filler rod and flux, according to welding charts specifications or type and thickness of metal. Make cuts and fits suitable for welding pipe and fittings. Sweat copper pipe. Run ductile iron and other materials. Connect regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders and welding torches. Turn regulator valves to activate flow of gases, lights torch, adjusts gas mixture and pressure to obtain desired flame based on knowledge of gas welding techniques. Read drawings and specifications. Run screw pipe and glued PVC pipe. Lay out and fits fabricated, cast and forged components to assemble piping systems and structural forms, such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and building parts. Select equipment and plans layout, assemble and weld by applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal matching, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques. Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, and gas welding equipment. Assemble parts by bolting and riveting, repair products by dismantling, straitening, reshaping and reassembling using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools. Scarf or groove weld prior to applying filler metal using gas welding equipment, clean or degrease parts using wire brush, portable grinder or chemical bath. May cut metal plates or structural plates using gas torch, chip or grind off excess weld, slag or spatter. Compile material take offs. Perform multi crafted work. Take lead-man role of crew without a foreman.
- 5 Year's experience preferred.
- Must pass employer performance test or standard tests to meet certification standards of governmental agencies or professional & technical associations.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude and excellent attendance.
- Must be able to get along with fellow workers, other tradesmen on the job site, inspectors, customers and the public.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.
- Properly use safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all types of hand tools.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed both indoor and outdoor environments in all/extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry materials and/or supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of materials and/or supplies weighing up to 100 lbs.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs
MB Haynes Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer