As an Industrial Pipe Fitter you will be responsible for assembling, layout, tacking and maintaining pipe systems.
Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and material specs.
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment according to specifications
- Cuts, threads, bends and assembles the pipes.
- Prepare, cut, fabricate, layout, fit, position, and assemble piping components together in various positions.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Install hangers, supports, valves and components according to piping system plans and specifications.
- Perform leak tests to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems.
- Proper identification and use of tools required for tasks. (grinders, drills, beveling machine, etc.)
- Operate forklifts & overhead cranes.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance experience.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures such as ISO s and blueprints
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Must have 4 years experience with pipe fitting processes.
- Ability to take detailed instruction.
- Positive can do attitude, strong work ethic and a team player.
- Good problem solving abilities, communication skills, aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to read & understand weld symbols, weld procedures, mechanical and structural drawings.
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and safe work practices.
- Ability to use Oxy/fuel & Plasma hand cutting torch.
- Daily housekeeping of shop and/or work area.
- Flexible working schedule to support project needs.
- Must have Journeyman Pipe Fitter
Considered a Plus:
- Pipe fitting experience with ASME B31.3, B31.4 and API 1104 codes.
- Welding and/or tacking experience using GTAW process.
- Fit-up & layout experience on structural/misc. steel.
- Familiarity with weld inspections, inspection documentation and NDE (RT, UT, MT, PT).
- Working knowledge of shop travelers for pressure vessels (ASME VIII–Div. 1) fabrication.
- NCCER Certification as an Industrial Pipe Fitter.
- Formal/technical education.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
Generous 401K Match
Life Insurance (Spouse & Children)
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Accounts
Paid Time Off
Strobel Energy Group is a dynamic, privately owned firm based in Clarks, Nebraska that has built a strong reputation providing mid-stream energy infrastructure engineering, procurement, construction and operations specializing in liquid energy rail, truck and pipeline infrastructure facilities. Strobel empowers its employees to engage with customers, become a project team member to contribute to developing solutions and execute on projects. It is a rewarding environment that acknowledges and rewards excellence. Safely servicing the Energy Sector since 1986, Strobel teams with US crude producers and refiners to build and operate the infrastructure to facilitate rail and truck movements of products across North America.
Strobel Energy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.