• Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and material specs.
• Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment according to specifications
• Cuts, threads, bends and assembles the pipes.
• Prepare, cut, fabricate, layout, fit, position, and assemble piping components together in various positions.
• Bolt, clamp, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
• Install hangers, supports, valves and components according to piping system plans and specifications.
• Perform leak tests to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems.
• Proper identification and use of tools required for tasks. (grinders, drills, beveling machine, etc.)
• Operate forklifts & overhead cranes.
• Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
• Maintain safe and clean work environment.
• Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance experience.
• Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
• Must understand how to read and interpret ISO’s, blueprints, technical manuals and instructions to determine work procedures
• Must have 4+ years’ experience with pipe fitting processes.
• Ability to take detailed instruction.
• Positive “can do” attitude, strong work ethic and a team player.
• Good problem-solving abilities, communication skills, aptitude and manual dexterity.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to read & understand weld symbols, weld procedures, mechanical and structural drawings.
• Ability to use Oxy/fuel & Plasma hand cutting torch.
• Daily housekeeping of shop and/or work area.
• Flexible working schedule to support project needs.
• Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and safe work practices.
Considered a Plus
• Pipe fitting experience with ASME B31.3, B31.4 and API 1104 codes.
• Welding and/or tacking experience using GTAW process.
• Fit-up & layout experience on structural/misc. steel.
• Familiarity with weld inspections, inspection documentation.
• NCCER Certification as an Industrial Pipe Fitter.
• Formal/technical education.
What We Offer
- Supportive work environment
- Opportunity to learn additional skills as well as upward mobility
- Six paid holidays
- Two weeks of vacation after one year of service
- Medical, dental, life, vision, disability and 401(k) available after one month
- Flexible spending account to help you and your family pay for medical expenses
Must have reliable transportation. Pre-employment drug test required.
Relocation is not available. Due to most jobs being local per diem is also not available.