Thompson Construction Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Thompson Construction Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To read more about this, view the EEO is THE LAW poster.
Start Over with Job Search:
Returning Applicant? Login Now
|Division:||Thompson Construction Group|
| || |
|Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation, and following blueprints. |
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Select type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Plan installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
- Cut pipe using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe-cutting machine.
- Thread pipe, using pipe-threading machine.
- Bend pipe, using pipe-bending tools and pipe-bending machine.
- Assemble and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secure pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools.
- Install and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic components or machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders using hand tools.
- Install and maintain compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping, using hand tools and power tools, and following specifications and blueprints.
- Increase pressure in pipe system and observes connected pressure gauge to test system.
- May weld pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- May operate machinery to verify repair.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Other duties may be assigned
Minimum Required Tool List:
• 1 each 10” & 12” Crescent Wrench
• 2 each 14” & 18” Pipe Wrenches
• 1 each Torpedo Level
• 1 each 2’ Level
• 1 each Chalk Box
• 1 set Box Wrenches up to 1 ¼”
• 1 each Channel Lock Pliers
• 1 set Allen Wrenches
• 1 each Wrap Around
• 1 each 25’ & 50’ Tape Measure
• 1 each Hammer
• 1 each Hack Saw and Blade
• 1 each Tri-Square
• 1 each Plumb Bob
• 1 each Framing Square
• 1 each Burning Glasses
• 1 each Center Punch
• 1 each Tubing Cutter
• 1 each Pipe Fitters Book and Calculator
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass written Pipe Fitter test.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly with supervisor/co-workers and understand direction from supervisor.
- Utilize basic math and a calculator to solve geometric problems associated with Pipe Fitting.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb, bend, twist, stand and reach repetitively, operate moving equipment and work in hot/cold/damp/cramped environments.
- Must be willing to work outside of craft.
- Candidate may be required to pass a drug test and Criminal background check based on job location/requirements.
| || |