Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains and pipelines. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement, glue or plastic welding.
Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Install sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems
- Cut pipes to required lengths
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue
- Tap and drill holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
- Train others in pipe-laying techniques
- Other General Labor and construction related duties as required.
- Must be able to follow building plans or blueprints and instructions from supervisors, lay out the job, and work efficiently with the materials and tools of their trade.
- Must be physically fit to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting (in excess of 50 lbs.);
- The ability to comprehend and follow specific instructions;
- Interpersonal competencies that include a drive for results, the need for closure, effective oral communication skills, organization, planning, trust, respect, being dependable and cooperation.
- Ownership of all hand tools that are required to perform any the task contemplated.
- Good housekeeping skills.
- Must be able to pass a physical human performance evaluation.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
Life Insurance (Spouse & Children)
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Accounts
Paid Time Off
Strobel Energy Group is a dynamic, privately owned firm based in Clarks, Nebraska that has built a strong reputation providing mid-stream energy infrastructure engineering, procurement, construction and operations specializing in liquid energy rail, truck and pipeline infrastructure facilities. Strobel empowers its employees to engage with customers, become a project team member to contribute to developing solutions and execute on projects. It is a rewarding environment that acknowledges and rewards excellence. Safely servicing the Energy Sector since 1986, Strobel teams with US crude producers and refiners to build and operate the infrastructure to facilitate rail and truck movements of products across North America
Strobel Energy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.