Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which they work by living the Vigor Values every day.Truth: We seek the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility: We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love: We care about the people we work with, and the world we live in
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned. Successfully performs work individually, as a member of a single craft crew, or a multi-craft work crew.
- Complies with craft and shipyard safety and environmental measures.
- Works from ship specifications, work orders and applicable working drawings and blueprints, i.e., form, shape, fit, and weld on vessels.
- Responsible for being conversant in all quality assurance requirements.
- Performs burning and effectively uses scarfing tip for clean up, bevel parts, etc.
- Performs Arc welding - SMAW, FCAW, GMAW.
- Properly cares for and safely uses hand and power tools.
- Coordinates the performance and completion of job specifications
ESSENTIAL SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Incumbent performs similar work in all areas of the Yard as the need arises.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Communicates effectively, work independently or in a group.
- Ability to do basic math, i.e. add, subtract, divide and multiply, including fractions.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Thorough knowledge of marine fitting including compound shapes.
- Ability to do square footage and weight calculations if required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED preferred or 10th grade education with 2 years of relevant work experience or training. Training or education that indicates basic understanding of manufacturing and/or construction practices.
Any combination of education and training which indicates the ability to meet the minimum requirements.
Proficient in both Fire Watch and general clean up. Grinds pipe and structural steel under the direction of a Journey Level employee or Supervisor. Pulls leads and/or cable as directed. May also perform Fire Watch related duties. To progress to the next level they must have three (3) basic Ship Repair Skills and acquire three more.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Welder -- Certifiable in 11018, dual shield and SMAW.
- Four hour fire watch certification
- HAZWOPER- First Responder Awareness Level.
Sitting, standing, walking, crouching, kneeling/crawling, stooping, twisting, climbing, balancing, reaching, handling/grasping, fingering/feeling, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying.
Talking, hearing, vision, depth perception, color vision, field of vision.
- Interaction/communication with others: Frequently- Interacts with others to ensure ongoing safety of operation. May work with several individuals in a confined space.
- Works alone/independently: Frequently- Works in the presence of other individuals performing duties.
- Directs/supervises others: Not Required.
- Repetitive work: Work is similar on a day to day basis.
- Attention to detail: Must perform all tasks in compliance with regulatory agency standards.
- Flexibility: May move from one job to another, unexpectedly.
- Other mental/psychological demands: Works in a noisy environment, and works at heights.
- Works indoors: Frequently- Works indoors exposed to temperature variances, vibrations, humidity, chemicals, dust and noise.
- Works outdoors: Frequently- Works on shipboard exposed to typical Oregon weather.
- Safety equipment required: Wears welding helmet, long pants, long sleeved shirt, eye protection, hearing protection, respirator, hard hat, and leather shoes.
- Other Exposures: Smoke, acids, degreasing cleaners, fumes, free silica, asbestos, dust, weld flash, paints, solvents, oil and grease.
- Operation of equipment/tools/vehicles: Uses grinders, hand/power tools, air torches, welding machines, comealong, chainfall, hammer, wedges, wire feeders, compressed gas tanks, plate shears, automatic multihead burning machine, hydraulic press and punch, large and small plate rolls, carbon saw, large surface slab for securing fabrication, overhead and jib cranes and rigging, drill presses and a complete range of handtools.
- Required hygiene standards: Per company standards.
- Other: None
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.