- Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Inspect worksites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Assemble and install variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, glass, and plastic.
- Join piping by means of threaded, caulked, wiped, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
- Secure pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools.
- Install and maintain refrigeration and air-conditioning systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Must have experience with pipefitting in Mechanical and HVAC Industry.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Be familiar with cutting, bending and welding tools and techniques.
- Possess a working knowledge of system or systems being installed, be able to interpret plans and specifications; and visualize objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Journeyman should have completed an apprenticeship or have four years of training experience in the practical installation of related systems and the usage of tools and equipment required for installation.