JOB TITLE: Plumber
SCA OCCUP: 23810 PLUMBER, MAINTENANCE
SALARY GRADE: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Plumber, Maintenance assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes, studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required, and sequence of installations. This worker inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe, and locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors. This worker cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools, cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine, bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine, or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
- *Clear all types and sizes of drains with cable machine and jetting machine
- *Repair or replace all types of faucets.
- *Repair or replace all types of flush valves.
- *Be able to trouble shoot hot water issues.
- *Repair or replace garbage disposals.
- *Repair or replace all types of toilets and urinals.
- *Make repairs on all types of water and sewer lines both inside and outside buildings.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of operation of equipment such as pumps, boilers, heaters and other plumbing components.
- Skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems.
- Skill in estimating time and materials common to the trade.
- Five years of progressively responsible plumbing experience.
- Computer literacy including skill to operate word processing, spreadsheet, Internet, and presentation software applications.
- Ability to develop and implement technical training programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, management, and others.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000.
- Must meet all local, state, federal, license requirements that may be required to perform plumbing services in that jurisdiction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Standing, and/or walking
- Bending and stooping
- Noise from equipment in construction environment
- May lift or move boxes or equipment
- Climbing ladders
- Working in confined spaces
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed on job sites, in a construction environment around various tools and construction equipment.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.