PAE is seeking Pipefitter to support scientific research in Antarctica! Maintenance and construction skillsets needed. Contracts range from 5 to 12 months.
- Previous 6G pipe weld certification at time of hire is required.
- Must pass a 6G weld certification exam prior to deployment.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience required in pipe fitting and pipe welding work.
- Ability to read design drawings and diagrams is required.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods.
- US citizenship or Permanent US Resident status.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to read design drawings and diagrams.
- Experience working with a variety of pipe materials and history of certification in welding is preferred.
- Cold weather welding experience is preferred.
KEYWORDS: pipefitter, pipe fitter, welding, welder, pipe welder, pipe welding, construction laborer, skilled laborer, skilled worker, service technician, construction worker, crew member, tradesman, tradesperson, journeyman, installer, construction technician