Wood Process & Energy is currently seeking a Piping & Mechanical Construction Manager - Night shift for a project in Ohio.
- Reports to Site Construction Manager
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Includes interfacing with client representatives, A / E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and / or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s)
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc. are adhered to
- Maintain official project log and documentation files
- Implementation / interpretation of safety programs
- Implementation / interpretation of quality programs
- Provide direction to planning, cost and scheduling
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Additional responsibilities are defined in the relevant process procedure
- Provide overall administrative and construction direction for night shift activities
- Industrial project Delegate responsibility and assure its proper completion
Skills / Qualifications
- 10-15 years supervisory or equivalent experience in managing as a Piping/Mech. Construction Manager
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), company policies, procedures and standards and union jurisdiction, labor agreements, negations
- Experience in working on union environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills
- Process Industrial Plant experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to work across varied disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Intermediate to Advance in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and / or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to type and write. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and / or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and / or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Construction Engineering Manager