Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Piping & Mechanical Designer with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry. You will be responsible for design work supporting small facility based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of that plant’s capital project’s group.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Meet or exceed the company’s safety standards
- Comply with all company procedures, engineering practices and other standards
- Read and fully understand P&ID’s and other documents which describe the scope of work to be done
- Provide piping & mechanical design support to capital and service projects in a fast-paced environment
- Application of company and industry standards to generate piping & mechanical construction packages
- Work closely with plant engineers, contractors, and team members to achieve project success
- Field as-built, measurement, and design as project requires
- Assist with material take-offs and construction estimating
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years industrial experience working in the industrial design field, preferably in that of the chemical manufacturing or oil, or gas processing industries
- Experience in design of piping & mechanical systems as currently used in chemical manufacturing facilities
- Outdoor design experience, able to wear required PPE and drive safely to job site for field measurement/as-built drawings
- Proficiency in MicroStation
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.