Responsible for implementing and ensuring all operations of casino Table Games and associate performances are in compliance with the Company’s objectives and goals and Gaming regulations.
Pearl River Resort Associates are required, on a continual basis to…
Adhere to any and all company and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
Contribute to a safe work environment, through compliance with established safety guidelines, identifying potential safety hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate person for proper resolution.
Maintain a professional departmental, company and community reputation.
- Enforce departmental procedures, property policies, and Choctaw Gaming Commission Internal Control regulations.
- Ensure that all established departmental policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for supervising the operation of specified amount of tables games.
- Maintain a constant floor presence to observe the assigned shifts.
- Ensures that all games move at an appropriate pace. Maintains appropriate game spread, limits and staffing.
- Makes recommendation and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, promote, discharge, evaluate, assign and discipline all table games associates on assigned shift in a fair and equitable manner.
- Informs Table Game Managers of all noteworthy, suspicious, or unusual activity. Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department.
- Observe, direct, supervise, train and teach the Dealers and Floor Supervisors to protect the Resort’s assets and ensure that the established Resort procedures are followed, detected, corrected and any irregularities are reported.
- Is familiar with Pit accounting procedures and administrative tasks i.e., fills, credits, marker transactions and responsibilities and monitors all games.
- Ensures the security of distributing cards, dice, etc. in accordance with gaming Regulations.
- Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, compact, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as the Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality including guests and fellow associate’s information.
- Leads by setting a positive example to all Associates.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Directly supervises all Casino Floor Supervisor; indirectly supervises all table games dealers.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AGE and GAMING:
21 years of age or above
Gaming property – Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license issued by the Choctaw Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED is required. Two (2) years of previous experience as a Casino Floor Supervisor and a minimum of one (1) year of previous experience as a back-up Pit Manager is required. Previous experience as a Pit Manager, Shift Manager or a Table Games Manager is preferred
Must possess outstanding communication skills both oral and written. Must have formal training of all games. Must have successfully completed supervisor training school, following curriculum designed for floor supervisor. Must have successfully completed Title 31 training. Must be able to work unsupervised, while working efficiently and correctly. Must be professional in appearance and attitude.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or associates.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least twenty-five (25) pounds, walk or stand for 100% of the assign shift. Bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing and pulling may be required throughout shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is loud. When on the casino floor or other designated areas may be subjected to tobacco smoke.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Associates must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.