Our story is an American story; one that began in a tiny Chicago warehouse in 1918 and continues to this day. It’s a story built on hard work, innovation and old school values. And it’s built on a people first philosophy the people who handcraft each gasket and the people who rely on them.
The story of Fel-Pro is 100 years in the making. You could help us continue to write this story over the next 100 years. Let our story be your story.
With our people first philosophy, we encourage members of our family to participate in its continuing improvement. We embolden our members to ask questions or make suggestions that improve safety and processes. We also understand the importance of your own family, and offer benefits or bonuses for major life events such as marriage, the birth of a new child, and high school graduations.
Not only do we offer competitive pay, depending on the position requirements and candidate qualifications, we offer new members of our family:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Time and Holiday Pay
- Generous 401k with company match
- Clean and Air conditioned environment
- Employee Discount programs
- Free On-Site Gym
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates whose applications show the skill set and background we are looking for. We will follow up your application with a telephone call, then if we feel there is a match we will schedule an in-person interview at our facility. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
Team member is responsible for bagging small parts for either the retail sales or the packaging departments and follows standard work to perform subassemblies manually or using an Auto Bagger.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bags small parts for the retail sales or packaging departments following standard work, manually or using bagging equipment.
- Returns unused inventory to assigned location.
- May perform bar code scan check and label printing when performing subassembly in the retail sales.
- Ability to identify equipment problems.
- Identifies any obviously damaged or defective parts of packaging materials during the sub-assembly process.
- Perform daily maintenance checks on bagging equipment.
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in standard work procedures, the applicable QMS procedures and work instructions; and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment if unable to resolve.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Follows the EHS rules and regulations, participates in safety meetings and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports personal injuries and unsafe conditions and helps to resolve them.
- Understand FMPS and lean manufacturing concepts such as standard work, Top 5 goals and the importance of the line status boards.
- Willing and able to cross train in other departments within the Value Stream.
- Backup and rotate for inspection on the subassemblies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Basic reading and writing skills in English
- Basic math skills; able to add and subtract
- Ability to read and understand bill of materials, press cards, procedures, work instructions, safety rules and warning signs.
- Manual dexterity
- Can identify non-conforming product (quantity and quality)
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Must be able to work as part of a team and willing to be cross-trained.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing between twenty to thirty-five pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to walk and move about, stooping, bending and crouching.
- Ability to stand for more than eight hours at a time.
- Ability to reach and grab parts with both arms and hands simultaneously & with precision.
- Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions, to distinguish colors and to closely examine parts for obvious damaged or defective parts.
- Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor malfunctions.
- Works in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, dust/dirt and temperature variances.
- Works regularly where carelessness could result in cuts, bruises, or muscle pulls. Serious injuries can be avoided if established safety precautions are followed.