Planner / Buyer
Responsible for the timely planning, sourcing, PO generation, scheduling of receipt and follow through of purchased inventory and requisitioned items. These products are to be secured at a cost, quality and delivery standard consistent with company’s performance objectives.
● Initiates purchase orders and amendments for inventory, MRO and requisitioned items.
● Manages delivery of product to meet the company’s needs (expedite/de-expedite).
● Update internal customers with status and receipt of product.
● Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; selects suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
● Reviews Job requirements in MRP and issues Jobs accordingly; both internal and sub-contracted work.
● Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities and advises company activities with concurrence of Purchasing Manager.
● Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management, negotiates prices and delivery terms with guidance from Purchasing Manager for assigned responsibilities.
● Coordinates, as appropriate, accounting, sales, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
● Visits supplier facilities to qualify new sources and assist in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery issues for existing suppliers.
● Continuous improvement to Purchasing methods for reduction of inventory, cost and lead-times.
● Manage Quarterly Supplier Scorecards and reporting of such to Purchasing Manager.
● Maintain appropriate and relevant documentation electronically to the PO in ERP.
● Provides reports to Purchasing Manager as required; supplier metrics, cost savings, lead-times, supplier meeting documentation, etc.
● Support internal customers in a timely and professional manner.
● Performs other related duties as required.
- AS degree or some college with emphasis in business administration, economics, and/or engineering.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MRP
- Experience with Epicor ERP system a plus
- ISM/APICS Certification a plus a plus
- Personal computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.