Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
To plan and classify all maintenance actions for the designated area regarding activities, internal and external labor, spare parts, materials, special tools and necessary safety and ecological instructions; assuring that work teams carry out only the necessary amount of administrative work.
- Verify authorization on work requests, the description of information, and the appropriate priority or completion date.
- Negotiate these dates with requestors when necessary.
- Estimate required labor, prepare list of spare parts and reference data, and anticipate other resources required to complete jobs in a safe way.
- To keep reference files about specifications of equipment, spare parts, drawings, history, manuals, forms, policies and procedures
- Confer with area coordinators to develop the most cost-effective plan.
- Participate in the planning of equipment shutdowns required to perform preventive or corrective maintenance activities.
- Help determine critical routes, sequence of activities, total cost of shutdown and required resources (i.e. spare parts, labor, etc.)
- Track Outage Schedule and Costs on a daily basis during the duration of the Outage.
- Ensure availability of spare parts and maintenance materials in Warehouse, preparing requisitions for purchases as needed
- Must work toward company safety goals and plan, hold, attend regular safety meetings
- Adhere to all CEMEX, D.O.T., and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by manag
- 3 years’ experience performing varied responsibilities related to preventative and corrective maintenance
- Knowledge of and experience with SAP
- Microsoft Project 2013
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires stationary position, traverse, move, transport, and the ability to significant degree to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery