WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.
This Planning Associate I will join a collaboration of experienced planners, landscape architects, and project managers dedicated to having a positive impact through effective planning. The ideal candidate will be driven, intellectually curious, committed to excellence, and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the communities we serve. The Planning Associate I will support the project planner or project manager on multi-disciplinary planning projects and will be responsible for the preparation of master planning and strategic planning documents for Federal, State, and Local Government Clients, as well as Private Sector Clients.
- Supporting the facilitation of planning charrettes for clients as a member of a facilitation team.
- Supporting master plan development, urban design, and revitalization projects of varying sizes and complexities in diverse communities.
- Collecting and compiling a variety of quantitative and qualitative data to prepare reports and maps.
- Conducting field evaluations and assessments.
- Researching requirements and standards.
- Developing reports under the direction of the project manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or related discipline
- Minimum 0-3 years of experience in planning projects;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects
- Knowledge of planning principals, best practices, & techniques of planning
- Knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as master planning, urban planning, community planning, economic development, or land use
- Ability to conduct research and prepare statistical planning reports on land use, physical, social & economic possibilities, and constraints
- Working knowledge of planning software programs, including Microsoft Office applications, Internet applications, and may include GIS mapping
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.