Elliott Manufacturing is a worldwide leader in flexible shaft systems that safely and efficiently transmit rotational power. Founded in 1932, our product portfolio has evolved to include flexible shaft assemblies, casings, and push-pull control assemblies. Over the years, our engineering expertise, thoughtful investments in research and development, and ongoing commitment to best-in-class manufacturing have placed us at the forefront of our industry. Look for Elliott’s versatile and innovative transmission technology in the most challenging and rugged environments around the globe in a diverse range of industries including: aerospace, agriculture, construction, defense, industrial, marine, medical, outdoor power equipment, and power generation.
Elliott is wholly owned by Actuant Corporation. Actuant Corporation is a diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are leaders in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Actuant trades on the NYSE under the symbol ATU. For further information on Actuant and its businesses, visit the Company’s website at www.actuant.com, or visit the links below:
Job Title: Planning Manager
Location: Binghamton, NY
What makes this role exciting in this field, industry and/or compared to other companies?
Business Unit Culture
Safety is a top priority Elliott Manufacturing recently hit 5 years with no lost time.
The Planning Manager serves as a vital member of the manufacturing operations team reporting to the Regional Materials Leader. This role requires a high energy, self-motivated individual with a strong leadership skills and drive for results. Your manager will provide guidance and set expectations while empowering you to use your skills to achieve high levels of performance.
Benefits & Conveniences
With over 250,000 square feet of manufacturing space, Elliott has the ability to deal with diversified projects, from the smallest to the largest. Elliott Manufacturing is a short hour’s drive to the beautiful Finger Lakes Region and is only 3 hours away from New York City. Binghamton is the principal city and cultural center of the Triple Cities area and is home to a quarter million people.
Day in the Life
- You will plan and schedule all activities within the Materials department including Salaried and Hourly employees.
- You will interact frequently with suppliers, manufacturing, quality & the commercial team to ensure effective execution of new product introduction, product phase out, engineering change effectivity & on-time delivery.
- You will be responsible for achieving financial and non-financial objectives including monthly revenue, inventory and on-time delivery targets.
- You will facilitate regular production meetings to review the status of work orders to identify and resolve obstacles impacting the plan.
- You will ensure materials are ordered and scheduled to meet production needs and customer requirements.
Objectives and Expected Accomplishments - How can this role make an impact?
- You will enable business growth through reliable execution and consistent customer satisfaction.
- You will support financial objectives through effective management of inventory, supplier performance and purchased material savings.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Skills & Experience
Required Must Haves:
- Strong, confident leadership skills with the ability to lead the team to achieve high levels of performance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with the use of Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft Office products.
- Solid Planning background with proficient level knowledge of ERP/MRP systems including table structure and MRP mathematics.
- Creative thinking, strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to organize data to identify opportunities for improvement and drive improvement actions.
- Solid background and experience with PFEP, Kanban and Supermarket inventory strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to mentor, develop and manage personnel.
- Ability to embrace, influence and manage change.
Preferred Nice to Haves:
- Ten (10) plus years of experience in a Planning Mgmt., Supply Chain Mgmt. or similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing Stockroom, Shipping & Receiving areas and personnel.
Educational & Certification
- 4-Year degree in Business or comparable work experience.
- APICS or similar certification or training.
- Lean Manufacturing training.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity choose Actuant!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer