Packers are responsible for cleaning packaging materials, Loading items into containers and weighing and labeling the items appropriately. They also perform final checks for defective items, ensure all working items make it to the shipping area, and keep detailed records of material.
- Pack, weigh, measure and label manufactured parts for shipment
- Must also have the knowledge to properly label packaging, fill out extrusion process parameter form, and identity and sort in-spec vs. out-of-spec product.
- Keep complete records of all material
- Interpretation of part prints, specification sheets and job cards.
- Maintain a clean work area
- Must watch line and assist others when necessary for boxes, hopper levels Etc.
- Must be willing to take on new tasks, procedures and technology
- High School Diploma
- Ability to use caliper, micrometer, calculator, tape measure, length gauges, weigh scales (grams and pounds), tape dispenser, two-wheel dolly, pallet jack, winding equipment, cutting equipment, vacuum loader, tilt table, stapling equipment, plug gauges, go/no go gauges, hole location gauges, special fixtures, punch and fabrication equipment
- Math skills also a vital part of this position.
- Experience in manufacturing or related field.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communications skills and desire to work with other team members.
These responsibilities may change at the direction of the plant manager.
Extruder Machine Operator