Job DescriptionJob #: 1011461
Apex is currently seeking an experienced Plant Controller in the greater Charlotte, NC area. Please contact Stephen Frazer or Maddy Bewick at 704.521.6100 email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: Responsible for leading financial planning and accounting at the site, which includes both the Manufacturing and Research & Development functions. The Manufacturing Finance Manager has two full-time direct reports, in turn reports to the Global Finance Leader at the PA headquarters and a key dotted line relationship with the local site Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead plant budget, monthly/quarterly forecast and close processes and deliverables. Including reports, presentations, internal communication and calendar.
• Works with site management to improve the plant’s economics, manufacturing and management objectives, and policies. Providing analysis of operations, inventory and assets and recommends strategies for processes and profit
• Analyzes and communicates financial performance of the manufacturing plant through various reporting mechanisms to the Plant Leadership Team, Corporate Leadership and operations staff. Leveraging weekly reporting (Yield Tracking,
Efficiency, Production, etc.) & monthly reviews (financial, cycle counts, headcount, OT) to share financial ownership/responsibilities with Plant Leadership Team.
• Directs and develops manufacturing variance forecasts. Performs analysis and interprets variances from budgets and standards.
• Leads plant product cost analysis and standard cost set up
• Manages & monitors working capital at a site level.
• Site leader for ensuring compliance with financial standards and Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Oversees site fixed asset portfolio from a financial perspective. Ensuring proper accounting for site capital projects, recording of costs, depreciation, project execution according to project management policy, identification and
accounting for retired or idled assets.
• Monitors process effectiveness and efficiency against goals and objectives, taking corrective action as necessary; identifies, implements, and supports complex process improvements.
• Leads site inventory management for finance. Analyzes slow-moving inventory on an as needed basis to identify products that are eligible for reserve. Provides direction during routine inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
• Safety is a core value at Livent and the Plant Controller promotes position that all jobs can be performed safely and that no job is worth doing that would risk the health, safety, or welfare of the plant employees or community.
• Supports Responsible Care initiatives & fulfills SBO and accident reporting obligations to the plant.
• Develops and manages the finance staff, providing mentorship and performance evaluations
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
• MBA/CPA/CMA desirable
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in process manufacturing industry
• Cost Accounting and financial analysis experience
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• SAP working knowledge
• Strong leadership skills
• Executive presence to interact with Senior Management in both Finance and Manufacturing.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven, multi-task environment.
• Ability to embrace change and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrix environment.
• Must be able to lead and meet deadlines for multiple priorities and projects and be able to create effective presentations to communicate conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to establish strong relationships within Finance and with Global Supply Chain/Manufacturing organization to deliver analytical and actionable results using financial and operating metrics.
• Customer Focus
• Technical Skills
• Directing Others
• Timely Decision Making
• Integrity and Trust
• Problem Solving
• Process Management
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safety Requirements: All employees are expected to carry out their work functions in a healthy and safe manner, to encourage and support safe work practices at all times, and to report and/or rectify any unsafe conditions that may come to their attention immediately.
Personal Protective Equipment – Must wear PPE as required based on job duties.
Travel Required: Limited
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.