Ready for a New Challenge?
Could you succeed in a fast paced, world class, food manufacturing environment focused on safety, quality and customer service? Do you want to build a rewarding manufacturing career with a young, fast growing and innovative company?
We are one of the fastest growing food companies in the US today; part of the new wave of American manufacturers and we are looking for a few people with the right stuff.
Hearthside is seeking a Plant Controller for its Byhalia, Mississippi (near Memphis, TN manufacturing facility. This role is responsible for production/financial reporting, monitoring of actual results, forecasting, planning and analysis. This role is also responsible for leading the annual budget process, capital spending proposals and new product costing. This position will have two (2) direct reports. This position directly reports to the (corporate) Director of Supply Chain Finance along with a dotted-line to the Plant Manager.
Who We Are
We are Hearthside Food Solutions, a new kind of food company, and the industry's largest contract manufacturer. You won't find our logo on store shelves, but our passion for quality and efficiency is evident in every product we make.
Founded in 2009, today we operate 38 production facilities in eight states, employing over 11,000people. In an industry growing at 2%, we made the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list three straight years. Our customers are some of the world's finest food companies.
Attributes for Success
A successful Plant Controller must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work well with people at all levels both plant and corporate. Candidates must also be able to communicate in English and be able to give/acknowledge instructions and problems.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Manage projects related to budgeting, audit, capital requests and plant initiatives.
* Implement financial policies/procedures as communicated by Corporate. Develop local policies/procedures in support of and consistent with Corporate policies. Analyze/review internal controls to ensure plant assets are safeguarded and financial reporting of such is correct.
* Responsible for managing the month-end closing activities, including variance analysis and monthly reconciliation of plant balances. Ensure accruals/reserves are sufficient and review of spend for correctness and appropriateness of classification.
* Participate in annual audit requirements as necessary.
* Responsible for preparing monthly/quarterly/annual reporting packages.
* Plan, study, and collect data to determine costs of actual business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, labor and overhead at the plant. Analyze changes on product configuration, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine the effects on product costs and internal product margins.
* Prepare and review daily/weekly/monthly/YTD variance reports on usages, labor, fixed and variable overhead. Responsible for production line performance monitoring and analysis.
* Provide proactive financial guidance to the plant management team. Provide plant management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting production performance. Works with plant leadership to reduce/minimize costs.
* Assist production management with assessment of "continuous improvement" projects and processes. Measure and report progress toward planned goals.
* Develop standard costs, update and create new Bill of Materials and Routings within SAP. Maintain both the frozen and current standards within the system. Ensure current routing data matches playbooks.
* Analyze and reconcile monthly inventories both at plant and 3rd party warehouses.
* Ensure the accuracy of physical inventories and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments. Review and approve all cycle count adjustments and dispositions in accordance with company policy.
* Review inventory details for aged stock. Advise of provision requirements as necessary.
* Produce and manage the annual financial budget for the plant. Provide weekly/ monthly forecasts.
* Coordinate the new product pricing requests by working with plant management in preparation of pricing quotations for Sales & Marketing team. Reviews all inputs and comps for reasonableness. Develop accurate cost requests on a timely basis in partnership with operation/sales.
* Work with plant to ensure timely reporting of actual production cost/performances against pricing assumptions on all new product launches.
A detailed job description with specific responsibilities will be provided during the interview process.
Hearthside offers a highly competitive compensation package, including salary, full healthcare benefits, 401(k) and more.
Education and Training
We are hiring degreed candidates from the Accounting/Finance field or candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience. A graduate degree and/or CPA is a plus. Qualified candidates should possess a minimum of 5 - 7 years cost/managerial accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, with food experience preferable. Advanced MS Excel experience is required along with SAP experience being preferable as well.
If you are seeking an opportunity in world class manufacturing with a dynamic company, if you possess the skills and traits described above, and if you are ready for a challenge, Hearthside would like to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled